So many of us are currently on hold or going through our everyday motions not knowing what will be the “new normal.” We are all out on a limb. We can choose to be accepting and in this moment as it is, look ahead at the good that can be, and breath in fearlessly with a sense of humor and hope.
With gratitude for life and the understanding that there are many who have been living on a true precipice of life and death for months and even years, we can then breath out with love and compassion for ourselves and the world.
With this in mind, we can look forward with optimism:
- As soon as circumstances allow, NCMC will restart our anchor Meditation & Mindfulness Class, on Tuesday evenings with current and new students alike.
- We will reschedule our postponed Yoga Chakras Course, Tai-Chi Qi-Gong Wellness Course, and Yoga Creativity Course along with our second Women’s Retreat Day that was so well attended and successful last year.
- A new 3-part workshop Waking Up in This Life is planned for May using practices across traditions and exploring daily transitions as our tools.
- Also in May, NCMC looks forward to participating in a Walk to Feed the Hungry to be held in Branch Brook Park in Newark.
- In summer our intent is to once again take meditation outdoors in Military Park. We will feature eight stand-alone workshops Experiencing Urban Nature where will explore our six senses, the four natural elements, and the practice of “forest bathing.”
- In late summer we expect to start a Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Course (MBSR) for eight consecutive weeks. This is an all purpose method for stress management. We’ve needed it before, we need it now, and we’ll certainly need it then!
- At the end of June we plan to hold a fun and purposeful First Annual Fundraiser with the goal to raise funds to add another room to our center for a Learning Library/Tea Lounge/Community Room. We are excited to expand our service and commitment to the community.
These are our current plans. We know they may change so we remain flexible, with minds open — ready to adapt to whatever situations may play out.
Please plan to join us, making adjustments as we go!