Most of our programs are supported by a Dana Economy, based on generosity. Even small donations help! We do sometimes suggest donations or require fees (without turning down anyone for lack of funds) to make sure we can cover expenses such as for venue providers and guest teachers.
NCMC is a registered Non-Profit organization and welcomes donations from our supporters. Your donations help us to continue bringing these much-needed programs to the Greater Newark community.
- Meditation Group Most Thursdays, 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm, Ironbound Community Corporation, Family Success Center, The Wellness Room, 317 Elm Street, Newark. All levels welcome, beginners through experienced. Spanish translation available.
- Day-long Retreats and Workshops Generally held on Sundays, morning through afternoon, once per season. An opportunity for beginners as well as experienced meditators to immerse yourselves for the day right in Newark in relative silence with guidance from meditation teachers.
- Outdoor Nature Hikes, Walks, and Movement Usually in the Spring and Fall.
- Outdoor Meditation Groups at Military Park and Independence Park in the Summer
- Outdoor Tai-Chi in Military Park in the Spring and Fall.
- Deep Eco Programs In Spring around Earth Day, that include lecture workshops, online course, family and youth educational activities, and clean-up.
Special Programs (as they come up)
- Community Engagements
- Compassionate Activism
- Unique workshops.