We both collaborate in and participate in community events and provide workshops and education to local non-profit and for-profit organizations. This brings awareness of the benefits of mindfulness and meditation to the attendees along with practice skills to support self-care and healing:
- We share our meditation expertise with the community by going out and presenting at local events or simply meeting for discussions to gain reciprocal knowledge.
- We cooperate and collaborate with other local meditative and like-minded organizations and individuals so that we can support each other and in doing so support the Greater Newark community.
- We participate in and present at events of other community organizations who want to bring mindfulness and meditation sessions to their events.
What do we mean by compassionate action within a spiritual culture — a meditation community? Compassionate action means to individually and as a soul group use our finer-tuned mindfulness to turn this compassion into concrete action. So far for NCMC:
- We walked for awareness for black lives, climate change, social justice, peace, and hunger relief in Newark and surrounding areas.
- We have partnered with local urban farms and nature-based organizations and engaged in cleanup of Newark’s green spaces, and held a clothing drive.
- We’ve act in local efforts in supporting urban food rights with a food drive.
Our plan is to develop compassionate action with a more focused approach as our community matures and understands the wants and needs to support.