Current COVID Policies for In-Person Visits to NCMC
(Subject to change.)
Standard COVID Policies
By registering for an in-person NCMC program you are agreeing to comply with all of our health and safety protocols implemented by NCMC and based on applicable federal, state, and local guidelines.
To protect the health and safety of us all:
- We are currently welcoming VACCINATED GUESTS and those with a CURRENT negative result COVID TEST.
- WEAR A MASK: All visitors must wear masks or facial coverings that cover your mouth and nose at all times.
- TRACK YOUR SYMPTOMS & EXPOSURE: Do not visit if you have a fever or do not feel well.
- SIGN IN: Please have your chosen proof available (and a valid ID that includes your name and photograph may be requested).
- SANITIZE your hands as soon as you enter the Center.
- RESPECT SOCIAL DISTANCING: Please maintain 3-6 feet between yourself and others depending on your and their comfort level.
- WASH your hands frequently with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
- RESPECT our policies to participate in keeping us all safe! If you are not comfortable with our policies we ask that you do not attend our program in-person.
What you can expect from us:
- NCMC staff will remain masked in the facilities and are either vaccinated or have a current negative Covid result.
- We are limiting the number of visitors in our spaces and have established one-way pathways.
- We have increased cleaning protocols and installed hand sanitizing stations for staff and visitors.
- We stay home when we’re feeling unwell and we expect that you will as well.
NCMC will take measures to reduce interpersonal contact through methods such as:
- Providing online and hybrid (in-person/online) programs as well as in-person programs
- Requiring vaccination and masks based on current Newark, New Jersey, and CDC guidelines for public event spaces.
- Encouraging and enforcing social distancing as much as possible.
- Limiting in-person staff presence.
Proof of Vaccination or Negative Test Result may include:
- CDC Vaccination Card (or a photo of the card).
- Official Apps showing your immunization.
- App or Card Proof showing current negative Covid test result.
- An official immunization record from outside of the United States.
We may require a Valid ID accompanied by a photo such as:
- Driver’s License
- Government ID Card
- Government Issued Passport
- School ID Card.
Guest hosted Programs at NCMC: These policies are not in effect for any booked programs at NCMC that are not NCMC programs. Those guest hosted programs will have their own Covid Policies in place and listed in their promotions.
Liability: Newark Center for Meditative Culture and the landlord Trinity & St. Philip’s Cathedral are not responsible for any illness that might manifest after attending an NCMC Program. (A liability waiver is provided to sign when registering either online or in-person for each in-person program.)
Thank you for your patience.