Graphic Designer For Social Media Manager
Ware looking for a motivated & creative Graphic designer with web design experience to join the marketing team of a growing not-for-profit meditation and wellness center in Newark, NJ.
The ideal candidate is eager to sharpen their design skills and enjoys creative problem-solving,
Graphic Design responsibilities
- creating aesthetically pleasing images that accompany the written text
- ensure your branding is consistent across all channels
- revising projects based on client feedback.
Web Design Responsibilities
- designing the overall layout and aesthetic for our website
- • Creating mock-ups of the site for the client’s approval
- incorporating the client’s color scheme into the design
- • Fixing any functionality issues, including the removal of “dead links.”
- • Making initial backup files of the finished site
· At least 1-2 years experience in graphic design
· At least 1 -2years of experience in web design
· Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
· Proficient in HTML & CSS
This is a part-time hybrid contractor position.
Interested? Send your resume to info@infonewarkmeditation-org
Social Media Manager: Staff Position
Position Title: Social Media Manager
Position Status: Part-Time 20 hours per month
Annualized salary: $16-18/hr
Report to: Chairperson
Work with: Chairperson, Secretary, Office Assistant
A tech-savvy and innovative Social Media Manager with versatile skills, including copywriting, metrics analysis, and content development. Must have the ability to understand and develop the identity of this mindful community with creative vision and to uphold the integrity of the organization across digital and media platforms.
- Creating and/or editing written content for posts
- Building content calendars and scheduling/publishing content
- Optimizing and integrating channels
- Community management (replying to comments and messages, flagging issues to other teams)
- Acting as an Admin for the social media accounts (including knowing each channel’s best practices, deciding which content goes out where and when, and adapting content across channels)
- Social listening (including monitoring hashtags and branded keywords, detecting brand safety issues, managing any social media dilemmas, and utilizing real-time marketing opportunities)
- Guiding best practices and following and developing policies for NCMC social media with agreed-upon updates.
- Staying up to date on new social networks and features.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proficient in Google Drive
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Efficient project management skills
- Innovative and creative with content aesthetics
- Ability to work independently and with flexibility.
- Basic understanding of marketing approaches and strategy
- Ability to update website home page, calendar, and Google business page.
Education and Experience:
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Two+ years of experience in an administrative role.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must live locally in order to perform in-person responsibilities.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org – attention Hiring.
NCMC Management will not discriminate in their employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status or any other factor prohibited by law.
Our Mission To provide a safe space where like-minded people can gather to learn and practice methods of meditation, mindfulness, self-care, and self-healing and to become intentionally engaged together as changemakers within our multicultural and diverse population.
Our VisionTo be an inclusive community center that provides connection, empowerment, and resources for all people who seek a purposeful, conscientious lifestyle within a spiritual context.
Newark Center for Meditative Culture is a New Jersey 501(c)(3) non-profit organization delivering life-changing programs to the Greater Newark community and beyond.